Thursday, November 11, 2010

Do You Have a Letter to Write?

As more and more anonymous are coming forward to write out their feelings as some form of therapy I have decided to start something new.

On my personal blog I use to write letters to people I wanted to either vent to or just say something to them that I hadn't said or couldn't say, but wanted to.

I want to do that here.  I am going to open a new series called "Dear You..."

Basically what I am asking of you, my readers, is if there is someone you would like to say something to but either can't on your own blog or can't in real life I'd like you to do it here, in letter form. You can attach your real name and blog to it or you can sign the letter anonymous or a fake name that goes along with the letter.  Like if I was single and wanted to write about the hook up I had on Friday and how terrible it was I would sign the letter, "Another victim of yours left unsatisfied".

Write to your ex and say everything you've needed to say but haven't or couldn't, tell your significant other why you are so in love with them, ask unanswered questions to a neglectful parent, express your thanks to a secret best friend... whatever it is, the only qualification is you have to have a "relationship" with this person.

Let this blog be your out.  Let those of us who read learn from you and your life experience.  That is what I want this blog to continue to be. So make the letters funny, sad, frustrated, heartfelt, happy, or angry... whatever you need to get it out.

 I know I have been slacking a bit lately.  I'm completely swamped with work and unfortunately my blogs get put on a back burner.

I want to publicly thank those of you who have just sent in posts for me to publish, they have been incredible and perfect.

Now get to writing those letters.  Just email me @ blokthoughts@gmail.com SUBJECT: Letters.

Love,

Shelle

4 comments:

Nolens Volens said...

I chuckled at how you worded it - "Another victim of yours left unsatisfied". I am sure I have plenty to write about.

The Bare Essentials Today said...

Ohh, great idea! I'm gonna get two letters done for you tomorrow!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I love the idea of writing letters - I hope tons of people write in!

Sher said...

Wow, I happened upong this just at the right time. I NEED this today. Going to write my letter now!

WE BELONG