Shelle Edit: So Elaina was the winner of the contest we had about a month and a half ago. Her prize was to be spot lighted here on the Real World! I'm sure she was super excited! hehe. Anyway, I wanted to say Elaina is one of the most well spoken bloggers I have come across. She has very specific views on about everything and you can tell has educated herself to defend her position. I love her comments here and am so glad we have the opportunity to point people to her blog. Read a bit about her and then hop over to her site! I don't think you'll regret it.
MEET THE BLOGGER
Kids #, age, sex: Abigail is almost 3, and Holton (a boy, if it wasn’t obvious) is 1
Maritial status: Married
1. How many years in your current relationship: 6.5 years, and our 5th wedding anniversary is next month
2. Have you ever been divorced?: Nope
3. What do you do for work: I'm a SAHM, so I pretty much sit around and eat bons bons, and let my kids watch lots of TV and jump on their beds.
4. Education: I'm taking part-time classes this fall, and starting full-time in the spring(guess the bon bon days will be over!). I hope to have my BSN (bachelor of science in nursing) within 2 years
5. Blogs you contribute to: pretty much just this one, and my own.
main blog: Monologue - the title is inspired by a Margaret Millar quote: "Most conversations are simply monologues delivered in the presence of witnesses."
6. Religion: Agnostic
7. Political affiliation: (republican, democrat, libertarian): If pressed on a candidate, I'm likely to vote Democrat.
8. Basic philosophical leaning: (liberal, conservative, confused): Pretty moderate, actually. I'm socially liberal but fiscally conservative.
9. What is your motto in life?: I have two: "Live and let live", and "Be who you want your children to become"
10. Who has had the most influence in your life?: I would love to write something inspirational here, but I think I'm pretty much self-made. I'm far more likely to turn inward in times of crisis than I am to reach out.
11. Why did you start Blogging? (100 words or less): I actually started blogging early this year, after a visit with some family. I realized how different I am from them all, and I started to wonder why. I've used my blog to explore myself, I guess. Now, I’m so happy that I did, because I’ve learned so much about myself, and I’ve made a few really good friends in the blogosphere that I never would have known otherwise.
*What is the most favorite post you have written on any blog you contribute to?: This one, about why I miss being a Christian: http://loveyhowell.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/why-i-miss-being-a-christian/ , and this one, about growing up in an unhappy home: http://loveyhowell.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/ranburne/
12. Tell us in 100 words about your current relationship: I’ve written a little about it here, but I’m an Army Spouse of 4 years. My husband and I met right after I graduated high school, and we got married the following November. We had a miscarriage in our first year of marriage, and have two children; we don’t plan to have any more. We’ve done one 15 month deployment, and in almost 5 years of marriage, we’ve spent 27 months apart. Still, we make it work, and aside from a few rough patches here and there, we’re pretty happy. He’s a good guy, and I think we’re lucky to have one another.
13. BONUS or OPTIONAL: Tell us something we need to know about you that we haven't covered above. 50 words or less: I grew up in an emotionally abusive home, and ran away from home at 16, with my 4 year old brother. We moved into my aunt’s house, and it was, hands down, the best decision I’ve ever made. I wish I still had that kind of strength, but I think I’ve lost it.
1 day ago