Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dear You: It will help me remember...

Image taken from HERE
Dear You-


I think what I love most about you is the way you make me feel; special, unique, and wanted. The first night after we kissed and we had to go back into that party and you went in first, I remember entering and feeling like the most beautiful girl in the whole room. Your eyes devoured me and they were for ONLY me. I can't explain to you how important that is for a woman, but since that night, it has always been that way. I have yet to walk in a room where you are and not feel your eyes on me.


I keep waiting for the ball to drop, for some crack to appear in what seems to be a perfect fit for me, but nothing. You are, as cliche as it may sound, the ying to my yang.


I don't deserve to be so lucky, but I also cannot and would not refuse or take for granted what I have been given, and that is you. You take care of me emotionally and provide for my needs physically. It's as if you were created from bits and pieces of the best qualities I so loved in the men from my past relationships.


Are you perfect? No. There are flaws, but nothing big enough to outweigh the incredible man you are to me. Thanks for marrying me, for showing me how important and valuable I am as a person to you. Thank you for choosing to love me, because as I have learned through these years with you, love is a choice.


I feel no shame in admitting that I am proud you are mine, completely and utterly mine.


I wonder when the goose bumps will stop from your touch or when my heart will quit racing the first time I see you at the beginning of the day? Will I ever get a text or email from you and not instantly slap on a stupid grin? By simply hearing your voice on the phone I get butterflies in my stomach. I know in past relationships this first time new feeling goes away, but we are well past that and it is as if everything gets stronger, deeper, fuller, you know? Like the best kind of addiction.


I have a hard time telling you most of this, I try, I really try, but I get this huge ball in my throat and choke up. I know you would not make fun, but mushy words such as these I have written in this letter make you uncomfortable so I try and show you more how I feel rather than tell or write you how I feel.


But this feels good, writing all of this out feels so good.


I get that what we have is unique.


I realize the key to holding on to this kind of feeling is to try hard to never forget it.


So I wrote you this letter, and maybe the next time we get in an argument, because inevitably there will be one it just comes with the territory, I will jump on my laptop and read this letter I wrote and it will help me remember.


Sincerely, 


One very lucky woman

***If you guys have any questions on how to send a letter in because you'd like to try one yourself... click HERE.

7 comments:

Gucci Mama said...

What a special and all too unique gift you've been given! This was just fabulous to read.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I do have to say it was refreshing to get a letter like this...there is all too much of the other kind :)

Thanks for sending it in!

TisforTonya said...

awesome... and what a great idea to have a letter like this on the back burner for those days when it's easier to see the flaws. :)

nitebyrd said...

It's heartening to know that there are relationships that work. To know that at least one person in the world feels "love" gives me hope.

I think you're both very lucky and very blessed.

CityMom2 said...

This is wonderful that you have such a loving relationship.
How long have you been together.
Your writing creates an excellent visceral picture.
Best,
Cmom

binks said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yuk!

5 years from now you wont have a good word to say about the B. !

I bet you don't pass this Shelly :)

Sage99

WE BELONG