7. Political affiliation- (republican, democrat, libertarian):Democrat
8. Basic philosophical leanings (liberal, conservative, confused): I'm usually confused, but lean liberal.
9. What is your motto in life?:I'm going to borrow from Google and say, "Don't be evil."
10. Who has had the most influence in your life?:Growing up, my dad. Now a days, my wife.
11. Why did you start Blogging? (100 words or less):To scratch that creative itch while creating a record of my kids' lives.
*What is the most favorite post you have written on any blog you contribute to?:I really love myfour part post about my vasectomy (posted on Hot Dads). Not the procedure, mind you, but the posts.
12. Tell us in 100 words about your current relationship:
A geek and a non-geek, harmoniously living together.WonderWife™ and I have a lot of different interests, but we view the world in a similar way.That’s what makes us click.We love each other deeply.We trust each other implicitly.
Shelle's Edit:Daddy Geek Boy or DGB as I call him :) has been with Real World from the beginning (Even though I LOVE the movie Transformers and he, well DOESN'T, he's still around...imagine that!). The thing that I love about his writing is that I feel like I'm sitting on a chair across from him. His writing makes me feel like I'm right there in the moment of what he's talking about. If you don't know what I mean then you should read his blog, especially when he talks about his kids, wife, movies, or his extremely weird obsession with bacon-but he is his own self proclaimed critique of food (in fact, his top 5 categories are parenting, The Bean a.k.a. his kid, movies, food and his Wife!). He's definitely one of the best kind of people to work with and I'm so very very happy and lucky that he writes here at Real World as one of the Mars Team.
This blog is meant to be a blog about REAL relationships. The GOOD the BAD and the UGLY.
We have contributors of all different races, religions, and personalities who are ready to dish on what is going on with THEIR relationships.
Get ready to learn, laugh, and think!
If a post isn't to your liking...don't get offended...remember that everyone is unique in the way they write and express themselves...This IS personal to them, so keep the comments classy and respectful.
If you don't like a post on one day...I'm pretty positive you will find something you will like on another day!
So come on...let us know what you REALLY think...and if you have something to contribute that you want commented on...you can GUEST contribute!