Saturday, April 11, 2009

How I like MEN...it needs to be said!

So found this song recently...it's country... it makes me laugh, and it's so true!

I like the live version better because it's fun to hear people's reaction to the lyrics! So here it is...Brad Paisley singing, "I'm Still A Guy"...and be honest...isn't there something about a guy who can strum a guitar and sing? Yum! :) If you want to read the lyrics just YOUTUBE the song!

My favorite verse of this song is something we have already addressed on here written by Youngblood which just concludes that the average male thinks the same when it comes down to one thing, so here's the line I love, "when YOU say a back rub means ONLY a back rub and then swat my hand when I try, well what can I say, at the end of the day, HONEY, I'm still a guy!" :)


So why would I have this video on here today?

Because guys...and I mean MALES. We want your opinion! We want you to write for us. We understand you're a GUY...you think differently and DO things differently...

So either Guest Blog if you have something you think the FEMALES might need to know, or be a REGULAR contributor so that you can help us UNDERSTAND!!! :)

Gals...if you know of a male blogger, or a MALE who likes to write and write well, that you think would be a PERFECT fit for our site...let us know by any of the three emails over there on the right hand side bar!!! Or go pester them on their site to come over and check us out!

CALLING ALL MALE'S WHO WRITE AND HAVE AN OPINION...COME WRITE FOR US!!!

Love,

Shelle


14 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oooh, ooh, ooh, pick that cute single dad who makes his dates take the litmus test.

Unknown said...

I would love for him to write for us Crash. He's witty and cheeky :) I believe he already writes for several sites though. If he's interested he can email me - momof2squirts@yahoo.com

Kritta22 said...

Is it bad that I know all the words to that song??

I'm gonna talk to my hubby about writing on here...he would love it!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love that song! It cracks me up. Esp. the part when he talks about gun racks and fishing as opposed to manicured man hands!

Unknown said...

We have 'signed' Mr Anonymous (wahoo, whoever you are) and we do have Vailian (who has YET to contribute ehem!) We'd love to snag a few more MALE opinions around this place. We wanna pick your boxy brains gentlemen!

Cajoh said...

OK, twist my arm— however, I probably need some sort of topic or something in order to write. I know that a lot of my personal philosophy posts tend to focus on relationships, but they're more abstract in nature and I'm not sure if you want that (you might want more juicy details). So if you like my style of writing, let me know what to write about and I will give it a go.

Unknown said...

CaJoh - I like the way you write! We'd love to have you on board. I'll pop over and leave you my email!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Crash...I'm laughing my butt off...that was funny, he would be an excellent writer though...especially if he writes words like litmus!!!

Kritta--It's not bad...it's GOOD...because I know all the words! :) Get your Hubby to write...we all would LOVE it!

Blogging Mama--Thanks for already getting things done...I wake up and you have everyone fed and comfortable over here at the site!!!

CaJoh--Yea for CaJoh. The Pink and Black threw me off though! But I'm not going to lie...pink looks good on a guy! :)

wendy said...

It would be very cool and informative and FUN to have a guy (guys) write stuff. We women think we're "all that". Come on guys --WE DARE YOU TO TELL US WE'RE NOT. Ooops, did that sound like a threat. No --I like MALES!!! and I like that their different!!! and I don't even care if a back rub turns into ---you know.

MakingChanges said...

I LOVE that song! Thanks for sharing. You're right, the live version is GREAT!

I should say that now I understand, but I'm not a guy, so I still just don't get it.

TisforTonya said...

My man has lots of opinions... but I'm still keeping what I write here from him... so maybe it wouldn't be the best idea to invite him :) Yay for Mr A and CaJoh though!

Susan said...

Alright, Shelle. Male perspectives are going to be fun.

Mr. Anonymous' anonymity is killing me though.

Did I spell that right? ;)

Mr. Anonymous said...

Susan - It's me...

I am just saying

Mr. Anonymous

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I'm thinking, Mr. Anonymous is really a professor over at some Prestigious College and we are all in on some big Research project he is doing about blogging and relationships...

Just saying Mr. Anonymous! :)

WE BELONG