Saturday, April 4, 2009

Starting new

Valerie is a wife and mom to three spectacular kids (but what else would their Auntie Andrea say??)  She works part time helping out in her husbands shop and is involved in the kids PTA. Obsessed with scrapbooking and making flannel blankets she enjoys a good book and sunny weather.  Her blog is private so you'll just have to enjoy her writing here on Venus.

Will I get this?

Or perhaps this?



Digging and sweat dripping.

Pounding nails and in your head.

Tears of frustration, and tears of elation.

Finding the perfect spot.

Finding out your measurement is off.

Some naughty words slip from your mouth, some mean thoughts go through your mind.

At the end of the day, your body so tired, a nice hot bath is waiting. Surprise!

So it starts. The real test of a marriage.

A kitchen remodel.


Valerie

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to know what you're going to throw at him :) (nah, I love ya B!)
You're famous for the fork comment on a previous post so be sure to share!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

True that!

Kritta22 said...

You are a brave one!

Anne Marie said...

A lot of us can relate to that!
I was pregnant with my 3rd child, and doing dishes in the kiddie pool outside while renovations were happening in our kitchen!
gads!

Susan said...

Oh, I feel your P-A-I-N! Every marriage should have to stand a test like this! Just when you think you've got it all figured out, and BAM! Fooled ya!

Missty said...

Oh Valerie! It has begun! I shiver at remembering our entire kitchen/familyroom/living room demo'd. Ugh! No running water in our kitchen for 3 MONTHS! No cooking, etc. Hang in there girl!

This is the TRUE TEST of a marriage! If you can live through remodeling, you can live thorugh ANYTHING!!!

You will be known as Saint Valerie!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

OH man...my guy and I tried to just put a GARAGE door opener in our garage together and it almost ended our marriage...so GOOD LUCK! lol!

valerie said...

Andrea-Did you just call me a B? LOL That cracks me up! As for the fork thing. Too funny! He just happened to annoy me at the wrong time and I just threw whatever was handy. We were young and I was stupid. I fight much more nicer now. :)

valerie said...

Man, I shrudder at the last picture. The first one though, now that's more my style! This will actually be our third add on so I should be use to it by now, but get those guys out their building and hear the cuss words start flying. Even my dad who never cusses, can throw some pretty good ones out there!

Unknown said...

Valreie - I most certainly did not! I was speaking of your husbands first initial, you know B!!

valerie said...

Andrea- Oh sure! Good cover up! ;) Just kidding.

wendy said...

Ah Ha -- the real test for sure. If it doesn't work out ---the remodeling ---or the marriage ---I work at the court. I could give you free Divorce advice (tee,hee)

valerie said...

Wendy-lol I keep that in mind! Either that, or I'll have to take a vacation somewhere while the building is going on to save my sanity. Although, if I have to bring the kids....

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh Lord. That gives me nightmares just looking at the pictures.

WE BELONG