Sunday, April 5, 2009

Is It a Guy Thing or Is It Just My Hubby?

Our next poster is Anjeny. Whew, she's one busy lady with Seven! kids running around, from 17 years to 2 years! Her husband is patient she says and I'd have to say she must be too. Living the good life in Hawaii, she admits to being a rambler. If you're curious what she rambles about visit her blog at Ramblings of an Islander.


(I decided to do my first post on what annoys me most about my husband at the moment. I'm sure there are things that annoys him about me but since he doesn't blog or read blogs for that matter, I thought this would be my chance to come on here and rat on him...LOL. And if any of you decide you want to tell him, not that any of you might know him but in the event that you do and decide to tell him I write this about him, I will deny everything...ahahahah.)


I don't know if he does it on purpose to annoy me or something is wrong with him. You see my hubby is constantly passing gas (farting) whenever I am around him. I swear I think he does that on purpose since I've expressed so many times how much that annoys me for him to let it rip like that.

He doesn't do it in public, in fact I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it whenever there are other people around, it's only when it's just us around, meaning me and the kids. He comes home after work, walks over to the couch, sits down and lifts his backside a little ways up and let it rip, oftentimes it would be this long drawn out ripping sound, most of the times there's someone sitting on the other end of the couch or on floor right at his tail end, so while he does that and everyone is gagging and fanning their faces or running for their lives, he is practically tearing up holding his sides laughing at us, as though we are a bunch of clowns in our comedian acts.

He loves the look I have on my face whenever he does that. I'm sure I look like I could kill him right there on the spot, although I am actually trying my darndest to look disgusted with him.

His response are always, "oh that feels sooo good, you don't know how long I've been holding that in all day".

My response to him, "oh yeah, and there was no way you could have let it all out while you were on your way to the car or on the way home, uh? Just had to wait to get home to torture us like that...real gentleman of you". (note the sarcasm)

I suppose it was my fault...the first time he did that we were dating at the time and I admit I thought it was funny at the time, can't for the life of me figure out why I would think something so irritating could be so funny at the time, so guess I encouraged him.

So now he does it all the time, it's as though he saves them up and waits to get home to me to let it out like that just to see my reaction. The other night I was telling a friend of mine about this habit of my hubby and she laughed it off saying, it's just a guy thing....well that's news to me, I grew up with seven brothers and not once did I hear them do that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy to dead but at the same this very annoying habit or manner of his is driving me bonkers. So many times I feel like smacking him upside the head.

I think I even pointed out to him that he's putting his mom to shame by his bad manner but that did not do anything to him at all.

So tell me, do you think my hubby is a very ill-mannered man, something is wrong with him, or is this something that guys normally do? What do you do when your hubby or significant other do that?

18 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I laugh. But I do it too. I grew up in a house that had farting contests, so it doesn't bother me. I've got so many stories I could tell, but I don't want to gross ya'll out!

wendy said...

Oh dear, I am like the Blonde Duck -- I wish I could support you on this one, but I too am from a long line of family farters. It was our right of passage ---GET IT, PASSAGE. (sorry,)

Susan said...

OH NO! I have to side with the ladies above - I had three farting brothers. My EX-husband NEVER farted - and now I know why he was so MISERABLE!! Hubby and I let it out and have contests on volume, length, velocity.. oh god... basically, you're asking the wrong person here for support on this one!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I am WAY in support with you!!! I know it's a natural bodily function but I HATE it!

So gross!

But what is worse...is your husband SAVES them for yoU!!! He sounds like my guy...he totally knows how to ruffle your feathers!

But I will admit, when I fart...it's funny!

Just saying...

And just so you know...I hold it in when I'm around others...it's only when my guy and me are in bed or together.

Love you Anjeny!

Anjeny said...

LOL @ the farting ladies. Well at least I am comforted to know that there is nothing wrong with him then.

I wouldn't mind him farting if he at least didn't do it on my expense...I mean there are so many places in our house for him to go and let it out.

If it was something that happens by accident, I could easily ignore it but the fact he does it on purpose and saves it up for me just to see my reaction, that's what gets me.

Thank you Blonde duck, wendy and Susan for sharing your thoughts.

Shelle, love ya too...I think our hubby should meet up, that would be a real sight to see them do things to annoy us...LOL.

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart...

Anjeny as long as you give him the reaction he is looking for he will continue to unload on you and your family.

My suggestion to you would be to ignore the behavior when he does it. Do not make faces, do not show a face of disgust, don't even wave the newly scented air away. If you find it difficult to breath then leave the room. He continues to do it because you give him exactly what he is looking for. So, if you ignore his behavior (and not your man), he will eventually learn and stop doing it.

If this is the worst that your hubby does, then you have it pretty %$^&* good. So, the next time your flatulant one expresses himself, say something witty like "Man, sweetie that sounded like lumpy gravy."

I'm just saying.....

Anjeny said...

Anon...I like your suggestion. I would most definitely give that a try. And no, that is not his worst trait but this one is the most annoying...the other ones I can deal with easily.

Kritta22 said...

My hubby farts horrible too!

When we first got married I could belch like NO ONE else I know. Seriously I won belching contests and everything.

He asked me to stop. So I did.

I have asked him over the years to fart in the bathroom or at least in another room so that I don't have to smell it.

It hasn't happened SOOOOO....

I have taken up belching again. He noticed. I said, when you can control your farting, I will control my belching.

So I'll let you know how it works out!

Missty said...

I have 4 boys ages 17 - 24 and one husband..... need I say more!

TisforTonya said...

if they hold it in all day why do they feel free to let fly when they're around us?

I knew that we comfortable around eachother the first time my man did this in front of me... of course I laughed because... well, what else to do?

Light a candle - let it burn off the fumes - and try not to hold it against him forever :)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh Anjeny, Amen! My hub does that too and I don't like it. Especially at the dinner table. My three boys think it's hilarious.

My hub doesn't do it to get a reaction, he just does it. YUCK-O!!!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Anjeny, I bet he's doing it to get the negative reaction now. I bet if you told him in a quiet moment, in all sincerity that it bothers you he would respect that.

Anjeny said...

Kritta...atta girl..I like how you're getting back at him. It is unfair isn't it for him to ask you give up something that annoys him but he doesn't give up his annoying behavior. And I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the results...I think I will take up belching and see how he reacts to that. That would be a real sight.

Missty..I hear ya. My son #3 who idolizes his dad is now picking up this annoying habit...he passed gas and then cracked up..makes the other kids real pissed about that.

Anjeny said...

T..I'm asking the same question. If he can hold it that long, couldn't he walk a few feet to the bathroom or the bedroom even, since no one is in both to let it out. You do have a point about being comfortable with each other...my irritation is that he gets so much enjoying out of my reaction and my distaste to it.

Crash, I'm sorry I did laugh a little at your comment about your hubby farting at the dinner table...that is totally gross!! One of the boys always gets a kick out of the dad doing it so now he imitates him too..sooo annoying.

And yes, I'm realizing that he does that in front of me or even saves it up for me because he likes the negative reaction he gets out of it.

val of the south said...

Oh my gosh - I hate it tooooooo!

I don't even like the "f" word - I don't let my kids say it around me - they have to say "passing it"

And I often tell dh - keep it inside until you're outside! He just laughs. And I have super sensitive smelling...not a match made in heaven!!

Loved the post Anjeny!

Anjeny said...

Val, thank you so much for the sweet comment.

Queen "B" said...

YOU KNOW ,I REALLY LAUGHED HARD, BUT AL WAS SITTING NEXT TO ME WHILE I WAS READING AND LAUGHING SO AFTER HE READ A FEW LINES HE WONDERED IF KEVIN KNEW ABOUT IT BEING ON THE WEB? I SAID PLEASE DON'T REPEAT THIS AND HE SAID, WHY IT'S PUBLIC INFORMATION I WILL IF I WANT!!LOL DON'T WORRY HE WONT BUT HE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!! AND THEN HE TRIED TO BLAME ME FOR THE FLATULENTS IN OUR HOUSE!! HOW RUDE!! HE IS IN SUCH DENIAL HE IS TRULY KING OF THE GAS PASSING INFACT, HE WILL LIFT HIS LEG LIKE HE IS GOING TO KICK A BALL AT THE SAME TIME!! WHAT IS THAT?? SO GLAD THAT WAS NOT A FIRST DATE, WOW MEN WHO KNEW??

I am LoW said...

My husband does not EVER do this in front of me! Never EVER!!

My dad did, I thought it was normal, but I thank my lucky stars that my husband just wouldn't.

WE BELONG