Wednesday, June 17, 2009

1001 Ways to Be Romantic . . . 1 Way to Upset Your Spouse


My husband and I ordered several different books from Amazon.com recently, and piece by piece they've been arriving in the mail.

When one of my favourite books, 1001 Ways to Be Romantic arrived, I was very excited.

Hubby . . . not so much.

 * * *

Me: Yay! Look my book came today!

Hubby: Oh you mean the book you obviously bought for me?

Me: No. I mean MY book.

Hubby: You're book, for me. You trying to say something?

Me: No. I bought this book specifically for me!

Hubby: For me to read right?

Me: No! Holy cow! Girls can be romantic too ya know!

So for all you hubbies out there, this is a really good book, but it in no way is meant to offend your manhood. And ladies, if you buy this book . . . hide it.

Untypically Jia

7 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

That actually looks good... I think I'm going to have to look that up and read more about it!

I love those kinds of books... but my guy just rolls his eyes also! lol!

Missty said...

LOL. I can see many guys doing that. Looks like a good book.

MakingChanges said...

I have gotten a few items like this and Hubby wonders (out loud) if I am giving him a hint.

My dad bought "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" for me when it first came out. He called to let me know it WASN'T a hint and that he just knows I like Dr. Laura. Hmmmm... I still think it was a hint. Men do that too, sometimes. They are just a little more "How to be romantic." They are more like, "Here are some flowers. This means I'm getting some action tonight, right?"

Mr. Anonymous said...

Its just the opposite for us, its me that buys and reads all those books. Heck, I have a nice little library collection now of books and CD's. Do not even mention Dr Laura around my wife, its a dirty word.

Aren't men funny, you could be standing in front of your man completely naked with nothing but a rose in your mouth, and they look over at you and say "Do you need a vase for that?" They totally miss that hint. But yet if you bring home a book on marriage or relationships, they sure do get suspicious and accusatory of you trying to give them a hint. FYI, and I think Cameron did a great post on this, HINTS do not work with men, not at all. I just find it odd and funny that, even though they never get any other hints, you bring a book home for You, and they think you are hinting at them.

The above examples were meant for drastic examples, hopefully your man says more than "Do you need a vase for that?" if you are standing naked in front of him....

I am just saying

Mr Anonymous

The Nice One said...

Hmmm, may have to check that out!

Unknown said...

You have to share the best 'ways' for us!

TisforTonya said...

this looks like a great book - I've never thought of myself as "romantic" - I'm sure I could use a little help :)

and it won't be one of those books you have to put in a brown paper wrapper to read in public :)

WE BELONG